Tips to Reduce Allergens at Home
There is no need to obsess about home cleaning, since there is really no way to completely eliminate allergens in your home. Allergy sufferers can benefit from regular home cleaning to reduce indoor allergens, including molds, pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and cockroach droppings. We also suggest professional deep cleaning at the change of seasons, Spring and fall.
“Our busy season is notoriously Spring and Fall. Our customers are leaning this is the best time to get in professional deep cleanings and the timing offers most benefit,” said Ed Reese, Owner Offshore Carpet Cleaning. “when the seasons change it increases allergens in the air, a mid spring cleaning gets out whats accumulated over the winter and the heavy content that has been pushed out early spring.”
Regular cleaning at home is a must, to keep surfaces fresh for your family. Professional deep cleanings twice a year gives you that fresh start you need to stay healthy.
Here are cleaning tasks that should be done regularly at home:
- Reducing dust-collecting clutter
- Regularly vacuuming carpeted floors with a double-bag or HEPA filter vacuum
- Regularly washing blankets and throw rugs
- Washing all bed linens in hot water every week
- Keeping counter surfaces clean and dry
- Not leaving food around, and storing food in sealed containers
Taking a few simple steps to keep dust to a minimum, preventing molds from growing, and controlling cockroaches and other pests may help minimize your allergy symptoms.