Offshore Carpet Cleaning understands the complexities associated with hardwood floor cleaning and why it’s important to properly seal and maintain hardwood floors. Cleaning hardwood floors can be a challenging task—one that extends beyond the capabilities of your mop or broom. They simply move the dirt around, and fall short when it comes to extracting unseen, ground-in dirt. Avoid doing things the hard way. Instead, rely on Offshore Carpet Cleaning to extract the dirt from deep within the cracks and crevices of your hardwood floor. Imagine the improved air quality and circulation you’ll experience when all that unseen dirt is removed from deep within your hardwood floors.
We start with deep cleaning to ensure the dirt and grime is removed and sanitized. We then apply a protective coating to ensure the floor is sealed and also help prevent further damage and extend the amount of time before you need to have it cleaned again.
But cleaning a hardwood floor doesn’t end there. We take the hardwood floor cleaning process a step further.
- Vacuum or sweep floors regularly. Avoid using wax, oil soap, or other industrial household cleaners. Wax and silicone-based products compromise the integrity of your hardwood surfaces and makes cleaning more difficult.
- Remove spills promptly.
- Place indoor/outdoor mats at entryways and area rugs in high traffic areas.
- Avoid rubber-backed rugs or rugs with poor ventilation.
- Maintain consistent humidity levels in your home to prevent floors from swelling, shrinking, cracking, or exposing gaps.
- Avoid deep scratches. High heels and pets can damage wood flooring. Avoid dragging furniture across hardwood floors.
- Schedule cleanings every 6-12 months with Offshore Carpet Cleaning.