Why is it so effective and how does Offshore Carpet Cleaning and Janitorial Services produce it?
Electrolyzed water is generated using water, salt and electricity. The process is called electrolysis and involves applying a direct electric current (DC) across a pair of electrodes immersed in a solution of ions to drive an otherwise non-spontaneous chemical reaction. The key process is the removal or addition of electrons and therefore a change in the oxidation-reduction potential of the solution. This solution is used for eliminating viruses and sanitizing spaces to ensure optimal cleanliness.
Offshore carpet Cleaning and Janitorial Services systems are capable of generating neutral-to-acidic electrolyzed water (anolyte) for cleaning & sanitation and for water disinfection. The anolyte is composed primarily of the free chlorine molecule hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a powerful oxidant.
Electrolysis is a well-known technology but the generated solution can be highly variable depending on many factors such as the quality of the electrolysis cells, the chemistry of the additive, and the software settings of the electrolyzer systems. Offshore Carpet Cleaning and Janitorial Services uses a machine that manufactures the highest quality electrolysis cells and has identified the optimal formulas and settings of voltage, amperage, and flow rates for our systems to generate the highest quality solutions of HOCl for food sanitation, general sanitation and water disinfection; electrolyzed water & virus elimination.
Advantages of using Offshore Carpet Cleaning and Janitorial Services:
- We generate electroyzed water on-site and on-demand
- Eliminates the logistical resources for purchasing, transporting, storing, and preparing of chemicals
- No harmful residuals, therefore no potable water rinse required after application
- Allows for the disinfection of areas where toxic chemicals were not permitted
- No protective gear required (no inhalation, ocular, cutaneous, or ingestion risks)
- No harmful residuals
- No exposure limits
- No special disposal required
- electrolyzed water & virus elimination
- Does not require a hazardous use permit
- Sanitation – Generated on-site from just table salt (NaCl), water, and electricity, electrolyzed sanitizing water is safe and all-natural, allowing for it to be used for applications where traditional chemicals cannot. Electrolyzed sanitizing water can be used for food sanitation and all food contact surfaces.
- Water Disinfection – Electrolyzing water generates an anolyte of hypochlorous acid, the most powerful free chlorine molecule for disinfecting drinking water. Electrolyzed water can be used to disinfect water for any home, commercial, or industrial application. Electrolyzed water can disinfect public drinking water, can be used in manufacturing, and can be used in wastewater recovery systems.
The electrolyzed water systems Offshore Carpet Cleaning and Janitorial Services uses utilize single cell technology and are different from almost every other electrolyzer on the market. The electrolyzers do not contain a diaphragm (or membrane) but are a single stream system that generates only an anolyte solution. The pH of the generated anolyte solution depends on several variables such as the pH of the additive, the pH of the flow water, and the amperage settings on the electrolysis cells.
Most other electrolyzed water systems are dual stream systems that contain a diaphragm (or membrane) separating the cathode from the anode. Dual stream systems operate under very high pressures and generate two solutions, half of which is acidic electrolyzed water (containing hypochlorous acid) and half of which is alkaline electrolyzed water (containing sodium hydroxide).
There are some electrolyzed water systems that are categorized as single stream but also contain a diaphragm. These systems combine the two electrolytes to generate one solution of pH neutral electrolyzed water. These systems, like the dual stream systems, operate under very high pressures.
Why is HOCl more efficient at killing pathogens?
Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) vs. Sodium Hypochlorite (Chlorine Bleach)
Hypochlorite ion carries a negative electrical charge, while hypochlorous acid carries no electrical charge. The hypochlorous acid moves quickly, able to oxidize the bacteria in a matter of seconds, while the hypochlorite ion might take up to a half hour to do the same. Germ surfaces carry a negative electrical charge which results in a repulsion of the negatively charged hypochlorite ion to the area of the germ surfaces, making hypochlorite ion less effective at killing germs. The ratio of the two compounds is determined by the relative acidity (pH) of the water. Water treatment specialists can adjust the pH level to make hypochlorous acid more dominate, as it is more efficient at killing bacteria. The hypochlorous acid’s lack of electrical charge allows it to more efficiently penetrate the protective barriers surrounding germs. This is also known as a COIV19 solution or
Offshore Carpet Cleaning & Janitorial services produces this solution onsite at their location in Linwood, New Jersey. When sanitizing homes or businesses the highest quality of products and services are used. Visit www.WeCleanSouthJersey.com for more information. Contact us for a free quote.
Electrolyzed Water is used for many purposes in different industries.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18810883/